He led me on (part 1)

IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME, I would have done it without thinking, so I wouldn't have met someone like Denrele. The hurt he made me feel was one I never imagined.

Denrele and I met at a business conference a year ago. We sat across each other, and I caught his gaze a couple of times, I didn't put him to mind until he stood up to ask questions. He was a tall good looking man, I noticed his demeanor was cool and his voice was deep. I didn't seem to fancy him, well, I thought so.

He asked notable questions about the business world and made contributions concerning the stock exchange rate, he was smart. I took interest in his contributions.

The part where I knew he was really something was when he gave a Biblical example and wasn't shy to talk about his relationship with God. In a generation where we are forced to be timid about our devotion to God, he proved those voices useless. Our love for God isn't something to be ashamed of anywhere we find ourselves. He finished and sat down, and we continued the meeting and listened to the other keynote speakers.

I kept on glancing at him and he caught my gaze also, we might have a chance to speak after the session.

The conference was over and everyone was networking and meeting their old friends. I had seen my two friends from school that I planned to connect with again. I had to rush back home because of Traffic, it was quite impossible for Denrele and I to meet anymore, so I decided to head out. As I placed my hands on the doorknob the unthinkable happened, I felt a tap on my back. 

"Hello"

It was Denrele. He was panting hard, he must have ran to meet up with me. I liked the effort. He extended his hand with a smirk and I reciprocated the gesture. He told me how he noticed me while we were at the conference and how serious I looked jotting things down. I chuckled because I know how serious I can be while at important events.

I would love to go through your notes whenever I want to refresh my memory," He said.

Who says that? That's such a cheesy thing to say, it was obvious he just wanted to connect with me. 

"Okay" I assured him. "But with how smart you are, I don't think you'll need it so much." 

He blushed a little. "Can I have your number?"

I just knew it was heading somewhere. But I had taken an interest in him, so I communicated my number and got his. I went out and drove back home.

As I entered my room, I picked up my phone and saw a text from him.

"Are you home safe?"

That was where it all began.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A familiar feeling (2)

My identity(poem)

"What saved me"(part 3)