A familiar feeling 3 (final part)

... I turned to see who that was, I saw my brother carrying my luggage, but his mouth wasn't moving, then I figured it was a voice in my head. I began to feel sad. What if they just said all that because they felt obligated to as my parents? I started doubting again.

Williams pushed the door open, dropped the luggage, and ran towards me with his expression giving away his excitement. He started to tell me how my parents kept on praying that I would come soon.

"Omo they made me design that cardboard so I could always take it to the gate each time someone knocked, just in case it was you." He said then shook his head at how old-fashioned our parents seemed. 

That softened my heart the most. They were waiting for me each day, this removed the fuel from my doubts, they had forgiven me before I came home. They were expecting me.

Now history repeats itself with my brother, I saw the kind of person I was reflected in Williams, though I'm furious with him, I have to make sure he doesn't go down the same road I went on. I looked at him and saw someone who didn't need to be reminded of how bad his character was, his wailing didn't reduce and my anger had started to drop. I was showered with so much love that I forgot whatever benefits stealing had, my heart melted for Williams. If love could change me, I knew it could change him too. I wrapped my arms around him

"All will be fine, baby brother"

I told my parents what had happened privately, then I called him to their room, he looked at me like I betrayed him.

"Jess?" His eyebrows furrowed. 

I saw fear and pain in his eyes, I reached for his hands. "Trust me on this." 

He went in, I left for a while to clear my head, I knew they would scold him later as they did for me, they knew condemning him wouldn't make him open up fully on what he did. I went back after some time, I leaned to the door, I heard nothing. Then I opened the door slowly to peep through, I saw their arms wrapped around each other, muttering some words, Williams looked apologetic. I walked towards them to join the group hug. 

(The end)

-

-

Many of us feel we're too dirty to be accepted or loved, then we feel guilty to come before God. When you are dirty, you go to where you can be made clean, God does this and much more for us (Isaiah 1:18) He cleanses us of sin and preserves us in Him, no matter how wrecked we might have been. (phil. 1:6)

Jess' Parents' readiness to forgive the reckless behavior of their children depicts how God takes us back because he loves us. It shows His love despite the most horrible thing we think we've done. He is not angry but keeps on waiting till we finally come. 

Someone has paid the price for your sins, you just need to come as you are and receive His forgiveness. You receive his forgiveness by believing in the gospel; that God came in human form(Jesus) to take up our sins though he was righteous, he died on a cross and resurrected, that means he defeated sin and grave, for us. Now by believing in Him and what He did you can receive this gift of righteousness (Eph. 2:8, 2cor. 5:21) you can have victory over sin(Rom. 6:4), and you can have eternal life in him(john 3:16) you're saved by believing.

All you need to do is believe.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A familiar feeling (2)

My identity(poem)

"What saved me"(part 3)